Shorter and simpler form – No guarantor needed
Citizenship and identity documents not required
To be eligible , you must meet all of the following conditions:
- you were at least 16 years of age at the time of your previous application;
- your name on the renewal application is exactly as it appears on page 2 of the submitted passport; and
- you are submitting a previous regular Canadian passport that:
- was/is valid for five (5) or ten (10) years;
- is not damaged; and
- was never reported lost or stolen;
- is still valid or expired no more than one year.
To apply, all you need to provide is:
- a completed Adult Simplified Renewal Abroad Passport Application form – PPTC 482 for Canadians applying outside of Canada ;
- your most recent passport;
- the required fee; and
- two (2) recent identical photos.
Since incomplete applications will not be accepted at the counter, we strongly recommend that you fully complete your application and prepare your supporting documentation prior to visiting our office. Incomplete applications submitted via mail or drop-in box will be mailed back to you within 7 working days. Should you need to travel within or close to the 20 business days, please submit your application in person to our office instead of using the mail-in or drop-in options. Thank you.
For corrections on the form, please cross out the error with a single line and make appropriate changes with your initials above or beside the error. Do not use any correct fluid.
Applications should be submitted to the nearest passport issuing office in the country in which you are residing or visiting. If you are not physically in the jurisdiction of Hong Kong or Macao, do not forward your application to our office for processing