UK tourist or visitor visa permits an individual to visit the UK for leisure, business or to receive private medical treatment. The United Kingdom is a delight for tourists all across the globe, London being one of the most sought after cities for a perfect vacation. It is one of the most visited countries beguiling vacationers with its charisma, history of bygone eras, iconic sights and happening pubs. Another yet widespread purpose of traveling to United Kingdom is visiting a relative or a friend or a family member staying there. To plan a beautiful and well organized vacation to UK, you must have an approved UK tourist visa. With this visa, you can generally reside in the UK for a period of 6 months. Know more about UK visa requirements in the subsequent sections and compile the papers to get going for a rocking holiday.
UK Tourist Visa Document Checklist
According to the UK tourist visa checklist, the following documents are essential and must be submitted for a visa application at the Embassy. UK visa application form is one of the important aspects of checklist which must be correctly filled on the Embassy website. The list of documents below is an evidence of the applicant’s financial circumstances and also strong ties in their home country that must be accurately provided to avoid any chances of visa refusals or UK visa interview at the Embassy.
UK Tourist Visa Checklist for Applicant
- Original Passport [Current and previous if applicable].
- 2 Photographs 35–45 mm in width Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70–80% of the photograph in white background.
- Financial statements.
- Employment Proof and Pay Slips.
- Income Tax Returns.
- Hotel bookings or accommodation covering the whole duration of the intended stay.
- Flight reservation of return or round ticket.
- NOC for Government Employees.
- Retirement letter and pension related documents.
- For applicants from business background need to carry company letter heads, registration document and seal
- Marriage Certificate if married.
Inviter/Sponsor Documents for United Kingdom Visa if Invited
- Passport first, last and visa pages.
- Resident permit card.
- Invitation Letter
- Pay slips and bank statement if sponsoring.