Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class

CEC is ideal for candidates who have recent Canadian work experience and are seeking permanent residence in Canada. International students with post-graduate work permits and temporary foreign workers fall into this category.

Eligibility or minimum requirements as mentioned below:
1. Education: Canadian diploma/degree, 1-year certificate or equivalent foreign education.
2. Language: depends on NOC category (NOC-B IELTS 5 bands each module OR NOC-O/A IELTS 7     bands each module).
3. Work experience: Minimum 1 year of full-time Canadian work experience.
4. Have a legal status in Canada.

CEC allows foreign workers and foreign graduates with qualifying Canadian work experience to live in Canada permanently. This program was developed for those who have already settled and who have already experienced Canadian society and culture. Unlike other programs, CEC allows a candidate's experience in Canada to be considered a key selection factor when immigrating to Canada. With their experience, they already established support networks and can easily adapt to Canadian way of life.

CEC is one of the three immigration programs operated through Canada's Express Entry system. This program also uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to rank candidates and invite them to apply for permanent residence.

Are you eligible for Canadian Experience Class ?

In order to be eligible to apply for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), it is important for the applicant to meet the Canadian work experience requirement:

Canadian Work Experience

At least one year of full-time, skilled work experience, completed in Canada or the equivalent amount of part time work experience, in the three years prior to the application date. Aside from the Canadian work experience, CEC has several other eligibility criteria which must be met in order to submit:


Must take an approved language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, such as the IELTS, CELPIP, or TEF and meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs, or Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs.

Residence in Canada

Plan to live and work outside of the province of Quebec (individuals with work experience in Quebec and who plan to settle in Quebec may apply to the Quebec Experience Class). If candidates meet these requirements, eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada. They must submit an online Express Entry profile for the Canadian Experience Class program, and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence before they may make an application. Do you have Canadian work experience and want to live permanently in Canada? Then the Canadian Experience Class could be the perfect immigration option for you !

To know more details - Contact us.

Free Immigration Assessment

Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.