This program allows eligible individuals who have relevant experience in arts, athletics and culture to apply for Canadian permanent residence. Candidates must have proven records of earning an income & supporting themselves and their families through their work. It is a score-based application, and a client has to score a minimum of 35 points out of 100.
Eligibility or minimum requirements as mentioned below:
|1.||Education: Minimum bachelors or masters in the art/culture field|
|2.||Language: Minimum 6 bands in IELTS|
|3.||Work Experience: 2 years as self-employed in cultural, athletic activity OR 2-year participation at world class level in cultural activities|
|4.||Minimum 35 points out of 100|
The Self-employed Persons Program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as a self-employed person.
If you’re interested in this program, you must:
Have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and
be willing and able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada.
To immigrate as a self-employed person, you must:
1. Have relevant experience
2. be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
3. meet the program’s selection criteria and
4. meet medical, security and other conditions
Your experience is relevant if you have:
1. Taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or 2. Been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
Relevant experience for a self-employed person means at least two years of experience.
It must be during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application.
You can get more points if you have 3, 4, or 5 years of experience.
At a minimum, your experience must be:
for cultural activities:
1. 2 one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
2. 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
3. a combination of a one-year period described in (a), and a one-year period described in (b)
1. 2 one-year periods being self-employed in athletics, or
2. 2 one-year periods participating at a world class level in athletics, or
3. a combination of a one-year period described in (a) above, and a one-year period described in (b) above
We assess you on selection criteria that include your:
- Language abilities
Medical, security checks and other requirements
You and your family members must have a
and get police certificates.
You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.