Student Visa


International education is more accessible now than ever before but the tremendous choice has confused students to make a decision about a country and the program to choose from. One of the key points we emphasize for students is that after high school, they are in fact beginning to build their professional resumes. The education they pursue, the work experience they gain, and the skills they develop will be reflected in their resume and will therefore directly impact their career opportunities. Students need to be strategic in their post-secondary education and pursuits. They need to give careful thought to how their education and experience will reflect their skills, abilities, and knowledge. We, at Milkyway Immigration not only guide them to do so but give proper career counselling depending on the interests and future goals of an applicant.

We deal in Canada, US, Australia and UK study visa.

Want to Study Abroad ?

It is common knowledge that it is impossible to study in any university abroad without a relevant visa. Our Visa Counselling Services are geared towards helping you submit the right documents to ensure that there is no inadvertent delay or rejection. We will assign you a study abroad Visa Consultant who will provide comprehensive advice relating to the collation of the relevant documentation that you need to submit along with the visa application. Our study abroad Visa Consultant will also guide you through the key aspects of any interview that you may have with the High Commission or Embassy.

We aim to be one-stop education center for students applying to the most suitable Educational Institutes across the globe which would best match their aspirations, academic profile, study goals, financial situations and life-style.

You may apply to study in Canada as an international student, or you can extend your study permit and learn regarding working while you study or once you graduate.

Get a study permit

The study permit is a document given that permits foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Generally, all foreign nationals require a study permit to study in Canada. You should make certain you have all the papers you require prior to applying. You must apply prior to your journey to Canada.

Your study permit is not a visa. It does not allow you to enter Canada. You also may need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). If your study permit is approved, a visa will be given to you along with your study permit.
You can get your study permit sooner via the Student Direct Stream.

Do you reside in China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Senegal or Vietnam? You may be able to obtain your study permit sooner by applying via Student Direct Stream.

How long is my study permit ?

A study permit is typically effective for the duration of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days allows you to get ready to leave Canada or apply to lengthen your stay.

  • 1. For prerequisite courses
  • If your school requires you to take on courses prior to accepting you into the main program (you have conditional approval), your study permit will be applicable for the duration of those courses, plus 1 year. When you are allowed into the main program, you should then apply to lengthen your stay as a student.

  • 2. When you will complete your studies following your study permit ends
  • If you are not able to complete your courses prior to the date on your permit, you should submit an application to lengthen your stay as a student. Should you not apply, you will have to cease studying and depart from Canada.

  • 3. Should you completed your studies prior to your study permit expiration
  • If you completed your studies in advance, your permit shall cease to be valid 90 days following you finish your studies, it does not concern what day is printed on the study permit. When you have finished your studies on the date your school first informs you by completion letter, transcript, degree or diploma.

    You should give evidence of the date your school informs you, or the date you get your degree, diploma or certificate. Having no evidence, the earliest issue date on the document will be used. Confirmation of the date will be gathered from your school. If you want to go back home while studying ?

    You can leave Canada throughout your studies; you might require demonstrating evidence that you are registered in your school when you come back to Canada. Should you have a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA), it should still be acceptable when you come back to Canada.


    You are allowed to study in Canada if you:

  • Are registered at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • Demonstrate that you have sufficient money to pay for your:
  • Tuition fees
  • Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
  • Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
  • Comply with the law, no criminal record and should have a police certificate (if necessary)
  • Are in good health and get hold of a medical exam (if necessary)
  • Demonstrate to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit ends

  • Responsibilities

    While studying in Canada you should:

  • Get progress towards finishing your program
  • Comply with any requirements recorded on your study permit
  • Halt studying if you no longer meet the conditions and
  • Leave Canada when your permit ends
  • Varying on your case, there may be circumstances on your study permit such as:

  • If you can work in Canada
  • If you can travel inside Canada
  • The date you should cease studying
  • To know more details - Contact us.

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.