- Online Registration (Using Microsoft Internet Explorer only) : The OCI Application is in two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A MUST be submitted on-line by visiting the link - Click here.
- Part A is tamper proof. Once Part A has been submitted online the applicant cannot make any changes to it. Please ensure that all information is filled in carefully and tallies with the supporting documents (e.g. Indian passport, Landing Certificate and Canadian passport). In case of any mistake, applicant should submit Part A again by filling the correct information.
- Part B cannot be filled offline with the pen. It is meant for all members of the family, not exceeding four including the applicant. In case a family exceeds four members, separate individual applications must be submitted for others. Part B of the form should be filled either by hand in legible CAPITAL LETTERS or typed. Additional sheets can be used in case the space provided in the OCI application form is insufficient.
- 1 current photograph of size 51mm X 51mm for each applicant to be pasted on Part A of the application. For specification: Click here. Recommended Avail PHOTOGRAPH Services at Centre Only.
- Both Part A and Part B are required to be submitted along with all documents mentioned in the Check-list. When the application is submitted complete with all required documents a web reference number will be issued for future reference and online tracking. Kindly note that this reference number is NOT the one generated at the time of online submission of Part A.
- All documentation mentioned in OCI Checklist (Note: duly filled and signed by applicant for each application) In case applicants applying for OCI based on parents Indian origins. Then, one of the parents needs to be an foriegn National in order to be eligble for OCI
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as; the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued, your current visa status and etc. The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport. Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
*Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI, if crosses the normal processing time. Applicants are requested to not make a travel arrangement before receiving the valid visa.
- Applicants are requested to contact BLS helpline only if the normal processing time (working days) is exceeded. BLS International will in turn forward the information to HCI / CGI but in any case BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions (For more info: Visit Useful links on BLS Canada website). Note: HCI / CGI will not respond to emails for information processing time, if the application has not exceeded the normal processing time as stated above. HCI / CGI will make all affords to respond the applicant at the earliest (Respond time for the email from HCI / CGI is based on many factors at Indian Mission. Hence, BLS International cannot guaranty any turnaround time for email respond from HCI / CGI.
- Important note: The BLS International Call Centre or BLS International Centre in Canada is unable to take Courier redirection address request: Due to logistic reason: BLS International is unable to receive any request from applicant for re-directly of courier address after the application is process at the Centre (This is to avoid security risk of delivery of the passport) or cannot hold back the passport at the Centre under any condition. Applicant are requested to calculate the processing + dispatch of courier time or the above information highlighted on subject to clearance at HCI / CGI and provide a final address for receiving the passport in or out of province of Canada. Note: Under any condition: Original Passport or other original documentation + copies will not be dispatch out of Canada.
- Incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time. Travel arrangements must be made only after receiving relevant service.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejection.
- Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
- Who was a citizen of India at the time of, or at any time after 26th January, 1950;
- Who was eligible to become a citizen of India on 26th January, 1950;
- Who belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15th August, 1947;
- Who is a child or a grandchild or a great grandchild of such a citizen;
- Who is a minor child of such persons mentioned above;
- Who is a minor child and whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India – is eligible for registration as OCI cardholder.
Besides, spouse of foreign origin of a citizen of India or spouse of foreign origin of an Overseas Citizen of India Card holder and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the application is also eligible for registration as OCI cardholder. However, no person, who or either of whose parents or grandparents or great grandparents is or had been a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh or such other country as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify, shall be eligible for registration as an Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder.
OCI Application Checklist/Requirement
- 51mm * 51mm photo
- Canadian passport
- Citizenship certificate
- Indian passport
- Indian passport surrender certificate
- Current status proof (like work permit, PR)
- Marriage certificate (If applicable)
- Address proof ( Driver license, utility bill, government issued ID)
- Applicable fee